Information on:

Lower Sioux Agency

32469 Redwood County Highway 2
507-697-6321

Established in 1853 by the U.S. government as the administrative center of the newly created Dakota reservation and the site of the first organized attack in the U.S.-Dakota War of 1862. A history center exhibit explores the Dakota story before, during and after the War. Self-guided trails take visitors to the restored 1861 stone warehouse and the Redwood Ferry crossing.



Lower Sioux Agency is not affiliated with AmericanTowns Media

Photos