Information on:

Fort Ridgely

Fort Ridgely
72404 County Road 30
507-508-2848

Built in 1853 as a police station to keep peace as settlers poured into the former Dakota lands, it withstood several attacks in the U.S.-Dakota War of 1862 and became a training ground for Civil War recruits.

Fort Ridgely is part of the MInnesota Historical Society's network of 26 historic sites and museums.



Fort Ridgely is not affiliated with AmericanTowns Media

Photos